Airbag packs take advantage of what is commonly called the Brazil Nut Theory. When you shake a bag of trail-mix, the larger Brazil nuts rise to the surface, and those tasty small particles sink down. An airbag makes you into a larger particle increasing the chance you end up on the surface. Every company has their own designs and style, but the ultimate goal is the same. An Airbag is not a replacement for your beacon, probe, and shovel, it is a tool that can help keep you safe when used in tandem with the three essentials. Remember, there is no substitute for the proper training.
Check out our airbag review videos and products and see what pack will work best for your POW filled adventures this winter. Know your gear, know your route, know your snow, and stay safe. #WeKnowPow
- Compressed air system.
- Unique airbag shape provides
extra trauma protection.
- Designed to carry skis AND snowboards.
- Argon and CO2 system.
- Canisters Included.
- Simple mechanical trigger.
- Fan driven, battery powered,
- Computer controlled system.
- The only airbag system on the market that's cheap and easy to practise with.
- Airbag continues to reinflate
for 3 minutes.
- Compressed nitrogen system.
- Uses explosive primer trigger to inflate bag in under 3 seconds.