The ATC-Guide is Black Diamond's most versatile belay/rappel device thanks to its smooth and grooved sides, plus a "guide mode" for bringing up one or two seconding climbers with ease and control. Often imitated, but never equalled, the ATC-Guide is a burly, super-functional, year-round belay/rappel zen master. The guide mode allows the belay device to be placed for optimum geometry of belaying from the top. While belaying and holding a rope in the locked position, the high friction on the brake side makes holding the load much easier.
• Regular friction mode for belay and rappel
• High friction mode (3 X the friction!) for belay/rappel
• Beefy cable holds its shape and resists getting caught up
• Guide mode works with one or two climbers ascending and descending
• Dependable and smooth operation in all conditions
• Deftly handles ropes from 7.7 to 11 mm
Note that this item of climbing safety equipment is non-returnable. Please call us toll free at 877-236-8428 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.