The Keron 3 offers the optimal blend of maximum space, maximum strength, maximum flexibility and maximum comfort in a lower weight package.
The flagship tunnel tents, the Keron 3 is preeminent for adventures where, between strength and absolute lowest weight, strength is more important, since their exceptionally strong Kerlon 1800 outer tent fabric and 10 mm poles make these some of our strongest models. Thanks to both their strength to weight and space to weight ratios, as well as their two door/two vestibule configuration, they excel for year round use, especially in exposed and/or above tree-line terrain. Both are especially suited to extended snow camping in extreme conditions, and while their tunnel tent design is geared more for mobile adventures, where you move your camp every day, they can be used quite effectively for base camp-oriented trips, as well.
The standard tent for polar expeditions because of its superb durability and excellent wind stability, its roomy interior, and its simplicity. These same traits have made these tents favorites of outdoor enthusiasts of every stamp. Certainly this includes the "professionals," such as mountain guides, forest rangers, search and rescue teams, and military special operations units.
• Our Tunnel design, with its single-opening, continuous pole sleeve construction and linked inner and outer tents makes the Keron 3 quick to set up
• Kerlon 1800 outer tent fabric and 10 mm poles make for an exceptionally strong and stable tent
• Pitching requires only four pegs, yet additional peg and guy line points provide a myriad of options for increasing stability.
• Extraordinarily spacious interiors, thanks to full sitting height throughout the entire inner tent, the two vertical inner tent entrances, and the tunnel design itself, which creates near-vertical side walls
• Two entrances and two vestibules afford tremendous convenience, flexibility and comfort
• One entrance of the tent can always be situated out of the wind
• The ventilation system functions regardless of weather conditions, since both the inner tent fabric is highly breathable yet water repellent, and since each end has a large vent, placed high enough to keep air moving even if the tent is dug down into deep snow.
NOTE: This product only ships to North America