The Hilleberg Unna Tent is a fully free standing ultralight solo tent that can be pitched anywhere, anytime. It is ideal for journeys in any season where low weight is a high priority, and where the terrain makes for tricky pitching conditions. Since its outer tent is made with our ultralight Kerlon 1200 whose 12 kilo tear strength is still far stronger than most "expedition" tent fabrics the Unna is a fine choice for long or short trips in exposed and/or above tree line in all but the worst conditions, and for use in more protected areas any time. Its dome design handles snow loading quite well, making it suitable for short term base camp use, while its roominess and light weight lend themselves very well to mobile journeys, where you pitch your tent each day. Rather than a vestibule, the Unna has a spacious interior that easily accommodates the occupant and gear or, in a pinch, the occupant and another person. And by disconnecting a corner of the inner tent, one can create both a virtual vestibule and keep the inner tent dry while entering or exiting in rainy conditions.
The fully free standing Unna is supremely easy to pitch nearly anywhere rocky shores, narrow ridgelines, dense forests (or, of course, even on "perfect" tent sites) and it boasts an impressive amount of interior space. Add to that its eminent stability and impressively light weight, and it's no wonder that it has become a favorite of paddle tourers, year round backpackers, mountaineers, cycle tourers and casual campers alike.
• The Unna is a straightforward, all-season, completely free standing tent that weighs only 2.0 kg/4 lbs 8 oz
• Our dome design has single-ended, continuous pole sleeves and linked inner and outer tents for simple, quick set up, and affords a very compact footprint without sacrificing interior roominess
• Pitching requires no pegs, but 12 peg points provide options for increasing stability
• The Unna's ventilation system functions regardless of weather conditions, since the inner tent's fabric is highly breathable, and the since the main vent is integrated into the top of the door
• The top third of the inner tent door is a no-see-um mesh panel covered with an equal sized, adjustable fabric panel
• In fine weather, the bottom portion of the outer tent's front and rear walls can be rolled up and secured with the integrated toggle and loop
NOTE: This product only ships to North America