The benchmark for handled ascenders has been refined to provide greater comfort, efficiency and ease of use. The ergonomically shaped grip is over molded with rubber for greater friction, and the broader surface provides greater comfort while pulling on the ascender. The grip is wider at the bottom to provide better comfort for your hand during use. The index finger indent has also been increased, offering greater efficiency when pulling on the ascender. The trigger to open/close the cam is now recessed inside the frame to avoid accidentally opening the cam while in use. The cam has been redesigned to minimize friction when sliding the ascender along the rope while the angled teeth provide secure grip in the worst conditions (wet, icy, or on muddy ropes). The geometry of the single piece aluminum frame ensures optimal handle orientation when the device is loaded and will maintain solid, comfortable performance even after thousands of meters of jugging.
• Molded grip provides even greater comfort with a more ergonomically shaped handle. This new shape keeps your hand from sliding to the bottom of the frame each time you pull on the ASCENSION. The bi-material handle includes a rubber over molded grip increasing the comfort and your grip in wet or icy conditions.
• Chrome-plated steel cam with angled teeth and self-cleaning slot securely grips the rope, even in muddy or icy conditions
• Mono-frame construction eliminates weaknesses and keeps the ascender lightweight and durable for years of use
• Multiple attachment points allow for different uses (e.g. self-belaying, haul systems, etc)
• Anodized frames are color coded for easy identification (black -left / gray -right)
• Safety catch prevents the cam from opening too far thus keeping the rope captured for added safety
• 1 cm secondary hole at the bottom will accommodate a screw link for attaching aiders, slings, etc.