Petzl Quark Ice Tool
ITEM # U19 M2 In Stock - Ships Immediately
The Quark is easy to use: its balance and its ICE pick allow solid placements on any type of ice. Hooking is more efficient, thanks to the clearance under the head and to the shape of the pick. The Griprest and the Trigrest hand rest ensure a comfortable, powerful grip adapted to leashless climbing.
Structure is entirely modular for adapting the ice axe to the activity and context:
• Equipped with the Hammer, the Trigrest hand rest and the Griprest, the Quark is a versatile tool adapted to technical mountaineering and ice climbing (an adze may also be added, if necessary)
• Equipped with Masselottes pick weights (optional), and without the Hammer, the Quark has an exceptional swing adapted to the coldest ice. It is ideal for ice climbing.
• Without any accessories, the Quark weighs only 460g, making it an ultra-high performance ice axe for snow couloirs, for example.
• Interchangeable Ice pick is tapered at the tip (3 mm) for easy penetration, even in cold ice. Its shape allows stable hooking on both ice and rock.
• Ergonomic over-molded handle provides a good grip, even for small hands, and insulation from the cold. The lower part of the shaft penetrates snow perfectly when the ice axe is used in piolet-canne (without the Griprest).
• Carabiner hole under the Griprest
• The Trigrest hand rest braces the hand and the index finger (easily adjustable without tools) The upper part, equipped with the grip, allows the user to comfortably switch hands. The lower trigger is used to brace the index finger to improve the stability of the ice axe and increase striking precision. It also serves as the locking lever of the Trigrest.
Location: Quebec, Canada
I bought a pair of Quark this fall, and up to now I enjoy my climbs as never before. Reasons: - lightweight - may add head weight (Masselottes) on picks if needed (as I rather do to cruise on fat ice) - well balanced swing combined to an aggressive pick (low mass at handle rotation point, more in the head; no ice shattering; easy placements) - easy removal!!!! - the Griprest (hand rest) is large enough for a mid-thick hand, and removable for alpine purposes - the Trigrest (finger rest) adds precision, and comfort, and may be adjust or removed - still offers the possibility to climb with leashes - versatility: ice and mix tool, technical alpine axe ...enough said… To conclude, the Quark is an amazing all-in-one… About it I might say "One tool to rule them all…"