Big in size, low on weight
Claustrophobic? Like to sleep with loads of gear in your bag? Built like a bear? If you answered yes to any of these questions the Western Mountaineering Kodiak may be for you. The WM Kodiak is built with 66” of shoulder girth and 41” of foot girth, that’s 4 inches wider in the shoulders than the Antelope! Despite the extra space, the Kodiak GWS is ready to keep any camper warm down to 0 degrees fahrenheit thanks to 30 oz of premium 850+ fill down. All that down lofts the Kodiak to a full 7” of warmth. Like many of Western’s cold weather bags, the Kodiak is equipped with a well filled down collar and draft tube to stop any heat from escaping. Continuous baffles keep the down fill where it belongs even after years of use.
Despite a low 3 lbs 2 oz. weight the Kodiak is unfazed by stormy weather thanks to a Gore Windstopper construction. This is the lightest and most compressible Gore Windstopper fabric available and the one with the softest hand. The face fabric is a 273 thread count 30 denier fabric that weighs only 1.1 ounces per square yard. The breathability of the Gore Windstopper membrane reduces the threat of condensation while remaining more than water resistant enough for the needs of a sleeping bag. If you find yourself in a tent filled with frost and condensation, rest assured that the inside of your Kodiak GWS will be as dry as when you first zipped it up.
Features and Benefits
• Breathable yet weather resistant Gore Windstopper shell offers protection from condensation and frost.
• 5 1/4" Spacing/Continuous baffles keeps insulation where it belongs.
• 66"/41" Shoulder/Foot Girth leaves loads of room for bigger folks or more gear.
• Full Down Collar ensures that there are no cold spots.
• Draft Tube seals heat in at the zipper.
• 7" Loft, 0° F rating
• 3 oz. Down Fill.
• Just 3 lbs. 2 oz. total weight.