Warm, weather resistant, and impossibly light
At only just 3.5 pounds and compressed to roughly the size of a basketball, it is difficult to imagine that the Western Mountaineering Lynx can really be warm down to 10 degrees below freezing Laid out, the Lynx’s 32 oz. of premium down lofts to surround you with an outrageous 8.5 inches of comfortable loft. In addition to copious amounts of premium down, a full down collar keeps heat from escaping at the neck and shoulder section of the bag. A well filled draft tube at the zipper prevents heat loss and zipper snags. Don’t be fooled by the low weight, the Lynx is one toasty warm bag.
The Lynx GWS is unfazed by stormy weather thanks to a Gore Windstopper construction. The face fabric is a 273 thread count 30 denier fabric that weighs 1.1 ounces per square yard. This is the lightest and most compressible Gore Windstopper™ fabric available and the one with the softest hand. After laminating, its finished weight is about 1.7 oz. per yard. The breathability of the Gore Windstopper™ membrane reduces the threat of condensation while remaining more than water resistant enough for the needs of a sleeping bag. If you find yourself in a tent filled with frost and condensation, rest assured that the inside of your Lynx GWS will be as dry as when you first zipped it up.
Features and Benefits
• Breathable yet weather resistant Gore Windstopper shell offers protection from condensation and frost.
• 6" Spacing/V-Block side Baffle keeps insulation where it belongs.
• 62"/39" Shoulder/Foot Girth leaves loads of room for bigger folks or more gear.
• Full Down Collar ensures that there are no cold spots.
• Draft Tube seals heat in at the zipper.
• 8.5" Loft, -10° F rating
• 32 oz. Down Fill.
• Just 3 lbs. 8 oz. total weight.
• Made in the USA.