Like snuggling up under your favourite blanket, only different
Whether searching for untouched powder to ski, ice to climb, or just out for a winter backpacking trip, cozying up in the Western Mountaineering Puma GWS might just make you forget that it’s sub zero outside your tent. 37 ounces of premium 850+ fill power down lofts the Puma to a full 9 inches. When the winds are howling and the fahrenheit is dropping, being surrounded by 9 inches of toasty down insulation makes the night go by quickly. When the sun comes up and the temperature rises, all that down packs to near basketball size and weighs only 3lbs 7oz.
In addition to copious amounts of down, the Puma is sealed tight to keep any heat from escaping. two large down filled draft tubes sit on either side of the zipper and interlock to ensure that there are no cold spots at the zipper. A down collar snugs around your shoulders and stops any heat from making its exit around your neck. Inside the well stuffed hood, there’s enough room to move around or add a small pillow.
When condensation or frost makes its way to your sleeping bag, the Puma’s MicroLite XP shell will keep you dry while remaining extremely breathable. This fabric extends through the hood and keeps the elements out. If weight and breathability aren’t high on your priority list, check out the Puma GWS for more weather protection. As an added bonus, the Western Mountaineering Puma is proudly made in the USA.
Features and Benefits
• Extremely breathable yet water resistant Microlite XP shell offers protection from condensation and frost.
• 6" Spacing/V-Block Side Baffle keeps insulation where it belongs.
• 64"/39" Shoulder/Foot Girth leaves room to layer.
• Full Down Collar ensures that there are no cold spots.
• Offset Insulated Double Draft Tubes seal heat in at the zipper.
• 9" Loft, -25° F rating
• 37 oz. Down Fill.
• Shockingly light 3 lbs. 7 oz. total weight.
• Made in the USA.