Arcteryx Acrux AR Mountaineering Boot
- Calculated at Checkout
A pinnacle of design for mountaineering, ice and mixed climbing, the Acrux AR is the lightest, most durable, and lowest profile insulated double boot available. AR: All-Round. Includes 1 pair of GORE-TEX® HIGH-LINERS.
Arc’teryx took the time to develop and meld new technologies so that the Acrux AR could satisfy the range of climbers’ needs without compromise. Arc’teryx Adaptive Fit technology uses a removable bootie that employs stretch textiles and minimal seams to create an instant custom fit with no pressure. With protection extended beyond the cuff of the boot and the highest level of breathability in this category, the bootie’s GORE-TEX® membrane optimizes climate control and waterproof benefit. The perforated PE foam’s quick dry properties improve comfort, and a rubberized sole allows the bootie to be used as a camp shoe. The PE inner shell is preformed to compliment the bootie’s Adaptive Fit performance while providing insulation and a secure foothold. Laminated Watertight™ construction and an exceptionally breathable GORE-TEX® gaiter deliver total protection from water with a high level of abrasion and puncture resistance to offset potential damage from crampons and rock. The specially developed Vibram® AR outsole is designed for support and sure footedness. The tread and construction feature a semi-blocked toe, with anti-slip grooves, a medial climbing support zone, and heel created to provide braking on steep descents. The Vibram® Mont rubber compound maintains its performance in sub-zero conditions.
- Custom developed 3D moulded Ortholite™ footbed delivers maximum comfort, breathability and arch support
- Sharp heel brake and mountaineering heel tread for stability, traction and braking
- Medial climbing support zone
- Semi blocked toe, with anti-slip grooves
- Durable heel edge
- Highly durable EVA foam midsole absorbs shock while providing precision stability
- Hardwearing laminated GORE-TEX® gaiter delivers waterproof, breathable protection with exceptional abrasion and puncture resistance
- Combines the warmth of a double boot, protection of a super-gaiter boot, and lightweight, low volume advantages of a single boot for use up to 5000 metres
- Fast and efficient lacing system with independent velcro strap adjustment for collar
- T-ZIP WaterTight™ front closure zipper
- Separate shell and liner construction increases waterproof/breathable protection
- Arc'teryx Adaptive fit utilizes an independent liner that conforms to the foot for a custom fit with no pressure points
- Completely removable, interchangeable liner for improved washability, dry-ability and extends use and climate adaptability.
- GORE-TEX® 3-Layer with 0,6 mm TPU protection film
- Insole - Carbon fiber with expanded PU foam core
- Inner Shell - 4mm 3D formed perforated PE foam
- Toe & Heel - Injected TPU heel and toe counters
- Sole - Vibram® AR, Mont Compound