Black Diamond ATC-Guide Belay Device
- Calculated at Checkout
Black Diamond's most versatile belay/rappel device, the ATC-Guide is now even lighter thanks to windows machined through the body. We also enlarged the auto-block release hole to accept a small carabiner. Multiple friction modes provide the optimal amount of stopping power when lowering or rappelling, and the device's guide mode lets you belay one or two seconding climbers off an anchor.
- Multiple friction modes for belay and rappel
- Machined windows through device for weight savings
- Auto-block release hole accepts small carabiners
- Durable cable holds its shape and resists getting caught up between ropes
- Guide mode works with one or two climbers
- ascending and descending
- Dependable and smooth operation in all conditions, handling ropes from 7.7 to 11 mm
88g (3.1 oz)
We used this on our climb of Granite Peak, the highest point in Montana. With 11 members of our team, we put this through its paces. We used it to top belay several climbers who were nervous with exposure. I used mine for the 600 feet of rappelling that we did on our descent. This device provides plenty of friction during a rappel, making it extremely easy to control your descent. I wouldn't use any other atc without the friction blocks after using this.