- Black Diamond O1 Telemark Binding
A no compromise freeride touring binding
Whether you're riding lifts or working for your turns, the Black Diamond 01 has you covered. Tour mode is engaged with a simple prod of a ski pole for a solid 60 degree range of unrestricted motion. In tour mode, the toe piece pivots on a burly 10mm axle located 2mm behind pin line for an efficient stride.
The 01 switches back to ski mode just as easily and intuitively as it does into tour mode. Forward flex tension is provided by two burly cartridges routed underfoot. By routing the cables and springs underfoot, reliability is improved over standard cable bindings. Spring cartridges come in three flavors; the included mid-stiffs, rid-stiffs, and soft. Most users are satisfied with the flex of the included mid-stiff cartridges which provide enough power to drive skis with 100mm+ waists. For hard chargers, the rid-stiffs are a nice option.
For several years, Black Diamond’s hardest charging customers complained of pulling their bindings from the ski. No more. Unlike the old 4 screw mounting pattern, a bombproof new 6 screw hole mounting pattern firmly attaches the 01 to your ski. Translation: You can ski these bindings hard.
Features & Benefits
• Underfoot cable routing.
• One-piece stainless steel toe piece with new, 6-hole mounting pattern for increased screw pull-out resistance.
• Push-button activation toggles between ski/tour modes.
• Solid wire yoke heelpiece.
• Three cartridge options for customizing stiffness; each includes a color-coded tension indicator.
• Climbing wires included.