A longtime athlete and staff favorite, the Gecko is our most technical approach shoe. The upper is water-resistant suede leather, to withstand the abuse of rocky terrain, but still molds to your foot for a glove-like fit. A lace-to-toe closure system is super adaptable, whether you want to cinch it down for technical terrain or back it off for more casual use, and also accommodates a variety of foot shapes. The rubber toe rand is overlasted, protecting the upper as well as the midsole from abrasion. The Gecko features a hybrid construction: board lasted in the rear part for structure and torsional stability, and slip-lasted in the forefoot for ultimate flexibility and sensitivity. The dual-density EVA midsole balances support with cushioning, appropriate for moderate to long approaches wearing a pack. The new PRESA sole has a medium density compressed EVA midsole with solid and compact look. The outsole is made in SuperGum compoung, able to combine and extraordinary grip and durability. The large climbing zones offer excellent sensitivity, grip, and accurate percision.
- Water-resistant suede leather upper for the best blend of comfort, durability and abrasion resistance.
- Hybrid construction is board-lasted in the rear for support and torsional control and slip-lasted in the forefoot for flexibility & sensitivity
- Overlasted toe rand protects the upper and wraps over the midsole to offer maximum durability in this critical area.
- Medium-density compression molded EVA for support with a low-density heel insert for enhanced cushioning.
- PRESA outsole works with the midsole to provide mechanical impact absorption, and out SuperGum rubber compound privides confidence-inspiring traction.