Sm'D is a D-shaped locking carabiner that is lightweight, and compact, and can be used in numerous situations; it is easy to manipulate, even when wearing gloves, and is available in two locking system versions.
Weight: 51 g, 1.79 oz
Major axis strength: 23 kN
Minor axis strength: 8 kN
Open gate strength: 7 kN
Gate opening: 20 mm
- Great versatility:
- D shape is functional regardless of orientation, meeting multiple uses: attachment of a belay system, a pulley, or on the end of a lanyard...
- compact and very lightweight
- Good handling and ergonomics:
- D shape for good handling
- H-shaped cross-section contributes to better grip when wearing gloves
- Keylock system, to avoid any involuntary snagging of the carabiner
- hole allows a TIBLOC or a MICRO TRAXION to be connected to the carabiner with a cord, making these devices loss-proof
- TWIST-LOCK: specific use when quick opening is key (e.g. at the end of a lanyard) and when connecting a GRIGRI to the harness
Petzl Sm'D Twist Lock Carabiner