Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park is one of the most spectacular big wall and alpine climbing arenas in the United States - home to demanding Grade VI aid lines, classic big wall free climbs and shorter, more moderate excursions alike. The Black Canyon is steeped in a rich history of boldness that befits its wild nature. Years of climbing, interviews and research by Vic Zeilman has led to a world class climbing guide that strives for detailed and accurate route information while telling the stories of half a century in the Black!
• 512 pages packed with full color wall photos and action shots, detailed pitch by pitch descriptions, first ascent stories and information, historical photography and more
• Unique hand drawn topos for over 150 of the best routes
• Information for dozens of previously undocumented lines
• Essays from first ascentionists and long-time locals
• The only comprehensive guidebook to the Black!
Author: Vic Zeilman.
Published by K. Daniels Publishing 2016.